Yesterday was National Clean the Refrigerator Day. When is the last time you gave yours a deep clean? Now is the perfect time to tackle this job with the holidays coming up. You’re probably going to need all the room you can get plus you’ll want your fridge looking pristine for your guests.
- Empty all the food from the refrigerator and check for expired or moldy food to throw away. Wipe down all containers that are going back in so your newly cleaned fridge will stay that way for longer.
- Completely wipe down the inside, drawers, and shelves using a liquid dish soap or create your own with vinegar and baking soda mixture.
- Wipe down the outside of the refrigerator. If you have a stainless steel unit use vinegar or a window cleaner to keep the surface shiny.
- Remove odors from the fridge by placing coffee grounds or activated charcoal on a tray inside the fridge. Cotton balls soaked in vanilla or orange extract also eliminate odors. Odors from the vegetable drawer can be absorbed by a crumpled piece of brown paper grocery bag.
- Check for leaks in the insulating seam around the door by placing a flashlight in the refrigerator and turn the lights out of the room to see if any light is escaping.
- Vacuum the condenser coils and under the refrigerator.
- Check the drip pan
Leave a Reply